Music Prep was established to prepare the next generation of artist. Our program is based on the Royal Conservatory Music Development Program and ensures that you receive the highest quality of training.
At Music Prep we focus on four major categories:
- Repertoire - a stock of pieces that a performer knows or is prepared to perform.
- Technique - the ability of instrumental and vocal musicians to exert optimal control of their instruments or vocal chords in order to produce precise musical effects.
- Musicianship - the knowledge, skill and sensitivity in performing music. The artistry of performing.
- Musical Literacy - the ability to the read, write, and verbally communicate musical notation correctly.
We believe these are the foundations for developing a well-rounded musician. Our program is designed to sequentially build upon the skills you currently possess. Whether you're picking up an instrument for the first time or looking to expand your knowledge on one, Music Prep will help you achieve your goals.
In addition to our affiliation with the Royal Conservatory Music Development Program, we also work closely with fine art academies to prepare students for their musical auditions. This is a great way for students who wish to pursue music further to get an inside look at the audition process at these institutions, and help students pass them!
We provide lessons in the following instruments:
Classical Guitar / Electric Guitar
Piano / Keyboard
Percussion / Drum Set - coming soon!
Private lessons will vary in price depending on the length of the lesson. The monthly tuition will cover (4) private in home lessons, and will include all necessary materials for the student.
(4) - 30 minute private lessons - $120.00
(4) - 45 minute private lessons - $175.00
(4) - 1 hour private lessons - $235.00